The simple life
2007-01-05 - 9:28 a.m.
Against all reason, I am here at work again today.
But not for long ---
Anyway. Here are two of my favorite (nondiaryland!) blogs at the moment.
Yarnstorm has convinced me that I want to become a quilter. And to collect odd linens.
Say la vee has convinced me that I want Kevin to stay home from work and start cooking for us. (Well, I could have convinced myself of that, actually.)
I'm thinking about resolutions. It has taken me a while to adjust to its being January. Mostly I think we're all just recovering from the insanity that was last year, culminating in us hosting 9 people for 5 or 6 days. But actually, that went surprisingly well -- we usually visit each of K's brothers once a year, and it was really nice to reciprocate. It actually went really well.
So anyway, here are the resolutions I've thought of so far.
Okay, that's all for now.Oh, I thought of one more:
- No more spending money. We do have to buy M skis, and take N on a trip east to look at colleges. But I think that's it. I think we'll just live with what we have for now, which is plenty. Except it might be nice to buy one more stoool for the kitchen, but even that I am willing to wait until next year for.
- Have people over to dinner more. We've actually already started that, and I think it's a nice thing. The corollary to that is -- we can't worry too much about how messy the house is. (Although if we could keep it at a reasonable level of messiness, that would be good.) And also, we can't be too fussy about what we serve them -- I mean, it's actually okay to have pizza, even, if the idea of cooking fancy foods is what's keeping us from having people over.
- Relax. I am feeling pretty unrelaxed, which I think is to be expected after last year. So this year, I am going to let things go a little.
- But, given that, I am going to try to get rid of all the boxes, and the stuff we don't want, and have the house reasonably organized, by this time next year. That's not unreasonable.
- Dinner. Dinner most nights, with vegetable, at some reasonable hour. 6:30, maybe. Plus snack available for the kids that includes a piece of fruit.
out of print - new releases
find me! - 2008-02-12
where I've gone - 2008-02-07
Where I've gone - 2008-02-05
where I've gone - 2008-02-01
New - 2008-02-01