And, the moon last night was lovely
2007-02-04 - 11:56 p.m.
It's late, and I need to go to bed.
But it was actually sort of a decent weekend --
- We went to see Pan's Labyrinth, which was really really good. Shockingly good, I think.
- I planted 5 rosebushes and most of the tulips, plus I pruned some existing rosebushes and another behemoth that was invading the back stairs. It was exactly the right time to prune and plant the roses, and I even have an idea now about what to do with the back yard. It's possible that the tulips I planted will never come up, and if that's the case, I don't want to hear it. I finally got them in the ground and that's all I wanted to do, in the end.
- It was a lovely day, and I even got a little sunburned.
- The sweater that my mother knit for me came in the mail and I love it -- it's really nice to have something knit for you by someone else. Plus, it's pretty and it fits.
- N went to a rave and came home safely. I can't believe we let her go, but she promised she would not do anything illegal, and I honestly don't think she did. Plus, she was pretty responsible about getting the kids she went with home safely. And she (and they) were quite grateful that I came and picked them up -- which I had insisted on doing, because I wanted to make sure that N, at least, returned safely. I ended up feeling okay about it.
- We had Cuban night for dinner (it was N's idea). We cooked a beef dish (with pepper and onions) with rice. It was delicious. N dressed up. K found us some Cuban music. We made little pies with cream cheese and orange marmelade inside puffed pastry for desert, and mohitos to drink. It was fun!
Isn't that a lot?
Oh, we also made a job wheel. And the cats prowled around outside, which is very good for them.
Now, I am going to bed.
out of print - new releases
find me! - 2008-02-12
where I've gone - 2008-02-07
Where I've gone - 2008-02-05
where I've gone - 2008-02-01
New - 2008-02-01