day of meetings
2007-09-25 - 9:13 a.m.
I'm feeling completely overstretched.
Meeting with behavioral pediatrician:
- Will N feel completely weird about this? The doctor is one of those very thin women with gray curly hair, stretchy pants, and horrible shoes -- you know -- those sensible shoes that even a librarian wouldn't wear -- brown, sort of rounded, rubber soles, tie up. I don't even know where you buy them. All brown.
- On the other hand, her eyes seem kind of sharp, which is relieving.
- The questionaire we have to fill out is all about toileting problems, though.
- An aside. Yesterday a professor sent around a note about a watch he had found in the men's toilet. It's unlikely that he found it in the toilet itself. Most people would say "restroom" or "men's room" or something like that. I wonder where he's from. I'm guessing that he's older than me.
- A rather frustrating discussion, as well. There's no way N is going to discuss with a stranger her problems. The stranger point out that a problem is a problem only if it's interfering with your life. Sure, of course. Women in Afghanistan like to wear burkhas, and they have every right to do so, but I would not choose to be them. N may think it's not interfering in her life to spend her entire life in her room doing homework with mediocre results. I do, though. And I think it's affecting her in all sorts of other ways, too.
- The next session is with just K and me. That will be easier. I can say what I think. It does affect her, and it causes her to feel stupid, and it causes her to be unhappy. But when the dr is trying to figure out what N thinks, I don't feel like I should be jumping in to give my opinion (hard as it may be to restrain myself).
Oh, and there are all kinds of other thing mixed up in it as well. But now I have to go to a meeting
out of print - new releases
find me! - 2008-02-12
where I've gone - 2008-02-07
Where I've gone - 2008-02-05
where I've gone - 2008-02-01
New - 2008-02-01